Code of Ethics
The Hindu Funeral Home proudly subscribes to the
“CODE OF ETHICS” of
HINDU FUNERALS OF AMERICA, LLC.
Subscription to this Code of Ethics requires demonstrated knowledge of all Asian Indian funeral customs and a sworn commitment to the fairest of business practices.
- You can trust us to provide compassionate and complete service at low cost. It is our profession to deal with local, state, national and international laws in order to accomplish your wishes. We offer low cost options and complete financial disclosure so that you are not taken advantage of. Be very careful of price quotes from funeral suppliers. Their knowledge of the culture, quality of services, facilities, vehicles, merchandise and staff varies greatly. YOU SHOULD KNOW IN THE U.S. FUNERAL HOMES MUST PROVIDE THEIR PRICING AT YOUR REQUEST. WE PUT OUR PRICES ON THIS WEBSITE AS A GUIDE FOR YOU, NO NEED TO ASK. Call for a complete explanation as costs can vary depending on where death occured and your specific individual needs.
- Laws, rules and regulations very from state to state. Pricing will depend on a families specific needs and the location at which the services are provided. We gladly provide detailed pricing when we know your specific needs.
- You should know these facts:
- The law in New Jersey and New York is that a body may not be cremated for 24 hours after death.
- In New Jersey and New York crematories are not located in funeral homes. Funeral homes are licensed to provide all services but the actual act of cremation. Crematories are located in cemeteries. You can not deal directly with a crematory you have to go through a licensed funeral home in order to cremate.
- Serving all cultures of India, Hindu, Sikh, Jain, Christian and Buddhist.
Specialists in shipping of bodies from anywhere in the U.S. to India for cremation there.
- Funeral poojas for N.J. and metropolitan N.Y. Serving crematories in North Brunswick, Jamesburg, Linden, West Orange, Somerset and other New Jersey locations.
- Just as your friends and family gather around you during this difficult time, we are here for you when a death occurs. Our phone is answered 24/7 in person by one of our licensed funeral directors, no answering service!
- This is an email Santosh of North Carolina sent to us after we shipped his mother’s body to India: “I feel that nobody else could have done it in such a short time. Many relatives and friends asked me how I managed to transport my mother. I replied, ‘I had to make just one call’. I told them about you and The Hindu Funeral Home and they couldn’t believe it.”
- Our home office is located 10 minutes from Oak Tree Road and next to Route 1, Route 27, Route 18 and the NJ Turnpike. You will feel as though you are in India when you are here. We understand. But, you do not have to come to us, we can come to you. We arrange for funeral poojas with the deceased present at the closest crematory to you, YOUR OWN HOME, or our Funeral Home. We are specialists in fast and inexpensive shipping from anywhere in the U.S. to India. Often it is quicker and less expensive to hire us to arrange shipping of the body to India for cremation from any state in the U.S. We have agents all over the country. See “Our Services” for a complete explanation of what is offered at what cost.